Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
Ipas, a global, non-profit reproductive health organization, seeking a Regional Human Resources Advisor for Africa located in the Africa Alliance office in Nairobi, Kenya. The Regional HR Advisor is primarily responsible for supporting the Africa Regional HR Manager in identifying staffing needs and facilitating staff recruitment, on-boarding, separation management, enrollment of staff on relevant benefits, and assignment of staff to appropriate training programs across Ipas’s country programs in Africa. Working closely with the country program offices to provide technical expertise and guidance, the Regional HR Advisor supports the development of updated benefits packages and salary benchmarking across the region, based on local markets and international NGO norms. This position submits operational and personnel budgets and reviews and reports on these budgets as required. The Regional HR Advisor implements, reviews and changes organizational and office policies as needed to work towards improving the organizational climate. This position supports Anglophone and Francophone Africa.
• Works closely with counterparts in English and French-speaking country offices across the Africa region to provide technical expertise and guidance in Human Resources
• Responsible for supporting all of Africa region’s country programs in meeting recruitment needs and supporting onboarding of selected individuals.
• Support in managing any consultants hired to provide human resource services for the Africa regional Country programs.
• Supports Africa region country programs in evaluating and updating benefits packages and salary benchmarking for local market norms
• Ensures all Africa region country programs comply with minimum Human Resources standards (maintaining personnel filing systems, ensuring availability of an up-to-date HR handbook) and local labor laws
• Works closely with Regional HR Manager in Africa Alliance and HR at Ipas’s North Carolina global headquarters for management and technical support
• Prepares annual staff and consultant contracts, tracking and managing renewals or terminations as may be necessary
• Work with Regional HR Manager to design and support relevant learning and development programs for Africa program teams
• Support with HR policies dissemination and interpretation as may be required
• Supports country programs with performance management process guidance
• Conducts employee satisfaction surveys, reports back on their outcomes, and works with Program Country Directors in improving organizational climate
• Coordinates with NC Global HR on human resources programs, trainings, and policies
• Collaborates with in-country Finance Manager in reference to monitoring standard operating procedures compliances and budget utilization
• Works with Program Managers on HR updates, adherence to office policies, and understanding office requirements
• Collaborates with country program staff in reference to office requirements, including staff on-boarding where applicable
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or related field
• 8 years’ experience in human resources, especially in a global/multi-country context
• Professional qualification in human resource management
• Demonstrated professional-level oral and written fluency in English and additional French greatly valued
• Previous supervisory experience
• Experience with coaching and mentoring staff related to human resource processes
• Working knowledge of an array of African country labor laws and recruitment strategies
• Experience working in a global matrix organization
• Some international NGO experience
• Relevant Human Resources certification
• Working knowledge of HR policies and procedures
• Ability to travel 30%