Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Program Financial Analyst (PFA) has excellent financial analytical and accounting skills, attention to details, and international experience. The PFA provides guidance to the Technical Innovation and Evidence (TIE) team to ensure team operations are as efficient as possible with regards to financial oversight/processes. They will serve as a liaison between TIE, country teams, Global Award Management team and North Caroline (NC) Finance team on issues related to accounting, audit, staffing and compliance.
The PFA contributes to monitoring of financial compliance with Ipas’s and donors' operational and contractual requirements. The PFA supports the Senior Director and Program Manager to address any internal audit findings. They are responsible for ongoing monitoring of financial management in collaboration with the NC Finance team, Program Manager and Program Coordinator. The PFA serves as key budget developer on TIE-led proposals, and is responsible for adhering to donor budget guidelines while ushering proposal budgets through Ipas internal approval processes.
Financial Operational Management
• Assist TIE management with the preparation of Annual Operating Budget (AOB) process
• Present quarterly Surplus/Deficit tracking and variance analysis and forecasting to TIE management and manage follow up on outstanding issues resulting from the review
• Work with TIE management to establish internal reporting schedules and develop tracking tools for major programs run through the unit.
• Collaborate with NC Finance on development of organizational finance policies and procedures
• Support TIE project managers to ensure they have appropriate financial policies and procedures in place
• Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building for TIE and in collaboration with Global Award Management and NC Finance. Coordinate with Global Award Management and NC Finance team in the implementation of finance initiatives
• Provide global budgeting guidance to TIE (e.g. minimum LOE coverage standards)
• Support financial proposal development process
• Develop budget tools for TIE and country teams working on TIE programs
Financial Analysis and Reporting
• Provide financial analysis to TIE management; this includes; quarterly analysis of team financial status and trends, cross-cutting regional financial issues, labor analysis, revenue analysis, and special projects, leading to improve overall financial management
• Identify and develop financial analysis tools (including financial dash boards) for TIE to improve financial management
• Monitoring, analysis and improvement for managing of team costs
• Coordination and review of the donor billing process in close coordination with TIE and NC Finance Department ensuring all bills/reports are submitted on time and are of high quality, and are appropriately supported by necessary narrative reports in conjunction with the Program Manager
• Management of responses to queries regarding Ipas financial reports in close coordination with country offices, NC Finance and TIE.
• Tracking of status of financial reports using deliverable tracking system
• Contributes to monitoring of compliance with Ipas's and donors' operational and contractual requirements
• Support TIE with understanding and compliance of internal operational policies
• Provide global financial compliance guidance for TIE and country offices
• Master’s degree in Finance (MBA, MS, etc.) strongly preferred; however, equivalent experience may suffice
• Minimum 5+ years of professional work experience
• Attention to details and focus on quality and consistency
• Strongly motivated to improve efficiencies and solve problems without being told
• Excellent writing skills in English; ability to communicate complex financial activities and present to a large and diverse audience of varying financial knowledge
• Outstanding Excel skills (can use Excel functions, formulas, v-look ups, pivot tables, etc.)
• Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify/resolve errors and prepare reports
• Proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Fundamentals
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated project and organizational skills
• Ability to motivate and work well with others
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.