Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Finance and Administration Manager manages the financial, human resource, information technology and operations function of the office. The role is responsible for specific finance functions, operational functions, funding functions, and human resource functions. The Finance Manager is responsible for accurate budgeting, recording expenditures, financial reporting, donor reports, reviewing and processing payments, and backup for processing cash and accounts payable
• Oversees the Finance and Human Resource functions of the office
• Reports potential and actual risks to Ipas CA Country Director and Leadership Team
• Coordinates the HR function within the office by preparing monthly payroll and ensuring statutory obligations are met, coordinating new staff recruitment and orientation processes, overseeing staff security matters and medical insurance, and handles other matters involved with the day-to-day operation of the HR function as needed
• Maintains accurate financial records; ensures proper spending of funds, tracks expenses, and develops expense reports
• Oversees adherence to organizational standard operating procedures, donor guidelines, local regulations, statutory compliances and GAAP
• Oversees cash management within the country office
• Prepares and submits financial reports for the country office to headquarters on a monthly basis and as required
• Manages subcontracts and grants to stakeholders
• Prepares, manages, and ensures implementation of country office and donor budgets; allocates approved expenditures appropriately and tracks spending; alerts project manager of budget trends periodically
• Prepares budget monitoring and financial reports for donors and Ipas headquarters biannually
• Leads the coordination of local audits; reviews and streamlines audit reports for submission to headquarters
• Supervise IT orientation and onboarding for new Ipas Central America staff
• Ensure relevant staff knowledge and capacity for procurement, logistics, and inventory management, among other Operations functions.
• Communicates with the financial staff at headquarters in relation to financial procedures, reports, and all finance-related work
• Collaborates with relevant internal staff members about financial information, workflow, deadlines, and other financial issues
• Works with the bank to manage organizational funds, transfers, payments, etc.
• Manages relationships with external entities including, but not limited to, partner NGOs, auditors to conduct audit activities, and consultants
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 6-8 years of experience
• 5 or more years of management experience
• 2 or more years of supervisory experience
• Ability to communicate in English
• Experience in human resources
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
• Ability to travel 10%
• NGO Experience
• Experience managing large grants, funds, and/or budgets
• Advanced degree in accounting, finance, or business
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.