Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Health Systems Advisor collaborates with other Health Systems staff to strengthen comprehensive abortion care service delivery through facility upgrades, provider trainings, trainee mentorship and data collection for program and donor reporting. The role provides technical assistance in planning and implementing training, logistical support, and service delivery strategies for expanding access to safe abortion and contraceptive services. The position also participates in project proposal development, developing regional plans, and ensuring that planned project activities are implemented. The position collaborates with other staff to develop technical studies, conducts facility and provider-based supportive supervision, ensures necessary supplies are available to provide services at facility level, ensures data is collected from all intervention facilities and trainings, analyzes data, and develops reports.
• Plans and organizes facility assessment and upgrades including providing comprehensive abortion care trainings, mentorship programs, and data collection to improve service delivery
• Participates in the development of training agendas and presentations for comprehensive abortion care trainings, identifying training needs, selecting trainers and facilities, and conducting trainings
• Monitors training data to ensure an up-to-date database of trainers and attendees as well as to improve the process and outcome of trainings
• Perform orientations and baseline assessments for facilities
• Ensure appropriate facilities are selected for interventions, they have appropriate access to service delivery training, and maintain mentoring relationship to ensure best practices are being implemented to improve performance
• Supports outside organizations to advance advocacy efforts
• Drafts donor proposals, presentations, and reports as required
• May manage or forecast expenditures for budgeting purposes
• Reports to Directors and Managers in reference to workflow, deadlines, reports, and projects
• Maintains relationships with regional service facilities and other non-profits/governments in-country as necessary
• Works with senior advisors, managers, directors, and other departments in reference to reports, planning, policies, and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned
•Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 5-7 years of experience
• At least 1-2 years of experience working in health or medical field
• Must work well in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to travel 10%
• Advanced degree in related field
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Experience working in a non-profit organization
• Project and budget management experience
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.