Ipas is an international NGO with a mission of reducing maternal deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion and improving women’s reproductive health and rights. Founded in 1973, Ipas works in 17 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The international headquarter of Ipas is based in North Carolina, USA. Ipas has been working in Bangladesh since July 2011. Ipas Bangladesh is seeking applications from hardworking, sincere and cheerful individuals for the following positions for its country program.
Under the leadership of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for program monitoring, coordination, and assisting in planning and providing assistance to increase the quality menstrual regulation (MR), post abortion care (PAC), and family planning (FP) services in the Refugee camp clinics and public sector facilities in the project area. This includes proper coordination with GoB/PNGO/ Camp health service facilities i.e., Union level centers, Upazila Health Complex, District Hospital, Mother & Child Welfare Center, Medical College Hospital, divisional offices, district offices; regular field visits, attending meetings, and assisting in logistics support in consultation with the Project Manager. The Project Coordinator will ensure project activities are carried out per the project work plan, conduct regular facility support visits, and help to identify and resolve any project issues. The Project Coordinator has the ability to support a large and/or complex project and the confidence to take initiative, work independently, and make quick decisions while maintaining a positive and productive attitude in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The position will be located at the project site of Ipas Bangladesh program.
Project Coordinator is responsible for coordination and monitoring of the successful implementation of the project in respective Union level centers, Camp Clinics, Upazila in consultation with Project Manager.
A. TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
• Support public and camp health facilities in project sites to ensure management meeting, whole site orientation and service data collection.
• Assist providers for record keeping of FP & other services, quality FP, MR, PAC services provision.
• Assist selecting participants for respective training ensure them for service provision, assist log sheet orientation.
• Take initiatives to link community with Service delivery points
B. PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT
• Serve as the primary Ipas Bangladesh staff contact in their respective areas, working closely with government officials, service providers, field workers, and serving as a liaison between field personnel and the Ipas Bangladesh country office
• Support and oversee the day-to-day implementation of Ipas programs in the field; communicate with government officials, service providers, and field workers to implement safe FP, MR and PAC project activities in assigned location
• Get involved with partners in implementation of onsite training on “MR, PAC and FP” at Service delivery points.
• Ensure timely logistics supply and management for MR, PAC and FP services in coordination with Country Office.
• Asses demand of respective RH commodities, other equipment & logistics of the facilities for smooth service provision.
• Provide programmatic support to the service provider either by phone call or on site, manage and ensure supply & resupply of FP commodities from DGFP to DGHS sites, liaise with regional & local level manager.
• Report/inform Dhaka office to project lead about problem, complication related to service to ensure support of the facilities & providers.
• Identify service provision area selection of the facilities, asses need for site renovation. Visit sites on regular basis and provide necessary inputs in quality improvement according to Ipas tools.
C. COORDINATION ACTIVITIES
• Communicate with government officials, local officials of different UN agencies, service providers, Clinical Trainers and field workers at district level and below at Ipas project sites.
• Represent Ipas Bangladesh through attending coordination meeting with GoB/PNGOs/development partners.
• Keep continuous communication with Project Manager to share the regular update in timely information on organization and donor initiatives, systems and policies
• Support implementing partner at field level implementation. Require to keep relationship with other department and stakeholders at intervention areas.
• Keep intensive communication with DGHS, DGFP and partners for program activities as per monthly work plan.
D. REPORTING AND DOCUMENTATION
• Prepare reports on monthly program implementation and other activities to document the progress.
• Collection of certificate from Upazila, district and divisional level.
• Bachelor degree in Social Science/Public Health Development studies or relevant field
• At least 3-4 years’ experience in reproductive health project implementation
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Bangla
• Strong computer skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel for program activities including training events, support in facility improvement, supply of logistics, follow-up supervision and monitoring activities
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.