Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
We are looking for an essential medicines and commodities Senior Advisor to act as a key member of a team of technical experts to ensure the availability of Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC) medicines and supplies in Ipas program countries. The Senior Advisor builds the capacity of country staff in supply chain management of CAC medicines and commodities. S/he provides technical expertise in the field of supply chain management to Ipas staff in the US and program countries. The Senior Advisor will represent Ipas on external maternal health commodity supply working groups and consortia to ensure availability of CAC medicines and supplies and develop new medicines and technologies.
The position is based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. However, candidates based remotely will be considered.
• Provide commodity and supply chain technical assistance, such as forecasting supply needs, inventory monitoring and management, short term and long term strategy development to meet supply chain management needs at different country levels (national, regional, and health facilities).
• Provide technical guidance on quality assurance of medical devices and pharmaceuticals for reproductive health, and ensure that country programs are following applicable Ipas procurement policies.
• Build staff capacity in supply chain management, including workshop facilitation and on the job and virtual training.
• Track country-specific reproductive health supply chain issues and progress.
• Design and disseminate tools and resources for effective supply chain management of CAC commodities.
• Review CAC commodity procurement for US and in-country teams and advise on establishing efficient procurement systems.
• Assist teams to creatively design process improvements and supply chain solutions.
• Support standards and guidance for commodity availability and establishing/improving supply chains in program.
• Review and update list of essential CAC medicines and supplies and disseminate to US and country staff.
• Serve as Ipas representative on external commodity supply working groups, agencies, and consortia.
• Follow and disseminate to Ipas US and country staff developments and innovations in CAC medicines and supplies.
• Assist with writing grant proposals and reports.
• Work with country teams to assess and identify supply chain needs and develop strategies for country teams to implement that works towards sustainability.
• Maintain relationship with partners (such as DKT) related to Manual Vacuum Aspirators (MVA) patent, registration, procurement, and distribution and represent Ipas interests.
• Demonstrated strengths in supply chain management improvements, including knowledge around health systems strengthening, quality assurance, procurement, forecasting, inventory control, and monitoring of supply availability.
• Experience on supply chain management of health commodities in developing countries.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of technical expertise
• Relevant post-graduate degree (MPH, MBA, etc.) or comparable experience in providing technical assistance to global health programs
• Working knowledge of international development and reproductive health issues
• Fluency in English and strong written and oral communication skills
• Proposal and report writing skills
• Experience working in collaborative, multicultural teams
• Fluency in French, Spanish, or Portuguese
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.