Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Senior Accountant will oversee the employee expense reporting and reimbursement system (currently based on the Concur platform), as well as manage the tracking and reconciliation of the organization’s corporate credit card program. This position will also manage revenue recognition and grant receivable posting and reconciliation, as well as the oversight of fixed asset tracking and capitalization.
The Senior Accountant is a critical member of the global Finance team managed from Chapel Hill, NC. They will be expected to collaborate with members of multiple functional units and across many of our country offices. They must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
Travel and Expense Reporting
• Timely and accurate processing and final approval of employee expense reports through Concur.
• Train and assist employees as needed with system-related issues and policies.
• Maintenance and reconciliation to the general ledger of all corporate credit cards.
• Reconciliation of airline tickets to expense reports
• Maintain internal controls and compliance with travel policies and proactively look for ways to enhance these controls.
• Ensure compliance with the organization’s capitalization policies and prepare detailed reconciliations relating to fixed asset account activity including additions, disposals, and depreciation.
• Assist in developing and monitoring a system for tracking expensed assets.
Grant Receivables Tracking and Revenue Recognition
• Track and post grant receivables in the accounting system. Monitor and investigate delayed payments or unusual payments for proper coding and accounting treatment. Work with regional finance managers for payments received in country offices to ensure accurate reporting.
• Record revenue recognition entries for restricted and unrestricted donor awards. Investigate variances.
• Reconcile grant receivables and temporarily restricted net assets to the general ledger monthly.
• Record investment activities in the general ledger, accounting for all investments, and maintain supporting schedules tying to cost and market values.
• Provide accounting support to enhance the business decision process as needed.
• Ensure organization accounting policies, procedures, and controls are followed when working with business partners and provide support as needed.
• Participate in various departmental and cross-organizational initiatives and strive to continuously improve and enhance the automation of the accounting and financial reporting process
• With guidance, lead initiatives to proactively address problems, challenges and changes while presenting practical and creative suggestions and solutions.
• Assist Associate Director of Accounting and Controller with special projects as needed.
• 5+ years in a related position
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables
• Self-directed and highly responsive
• Detail oriented, critical thinking, and inquisitive mind
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to provide accurate, timely and reliable reporting
• Experience with Concur – employee expense management system
• Experience with Workday, or other comparable ERP system
• Non-profit experience
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.