Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Award Manager (AM) applies project management, budgeting, and stakeholder management skills to manage one or more global awards. This position is responsible for working with technical leads, program managers, and regional/country staff on the design of the program; overseeing workplans and spending to ensure efficient management of the grant(s); and collaborating on reporting to award donors. The AM is responsible for ensuring efficient and smooth program and financial management of the award(s), including planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful delivery of program outputs while ensuring that the program delivers on time, on scope, on budget, and meets quality standards. The AM will pro-actively meet programmatic and donor needs, juggle multiple competing priorities, and ensure timely flow of work.
• Serve as Ipas’s donor contact for the award.
• Provide award-level oversight for planning and effective implementation of program activities with technical teams and country programs, including tracking of technical assistance required and provided, as needed.
• Monitor progress of donor and internal deliverables, coordinates donor and internal reporting, and responds to requests from award donors and internal stakeholders.
• Provide award management leadership to data management, analysis, and presentation, as needed.
• Monitor project burn rate, and other financial analyses as needed; oversee development and realignment of donor budgets.
• Set and monitor cost-effectiveness and cost recovery benchmarks, and develop and implement new cost-effectiveness tools and measurements for the project in conjunction with program financial analyst(s).
• Lead coordination of project design for new and renewed global awards, establishing and communicating design roles/responsibilities, timelines, and deliverables, and delivering the approved design to proposal manager on deadline.
• Oversee the development and revision of award workplans, deliverables, and project budgets.
• Conduct assessment and program management support trips as necessary.
• Support external relations and visibility, representing Ipas at meetings and conferences as requested.
• Provide supportive supervision, directly or indirectly, to others supporting the award’s successful programming, financial and data outcomes.
• Recruit and manage assigned award consultants and subrecipients.
• Update and maintain intranet award pages.
• Fulfill other programmatic, technical, and administrative duties, as requested
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ of relevant work experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in program/project planning and management, developing and monitoring complex budgets, and experience with donor reporting
• Passionate about working on sexual and reproductive rights, including safe abortion and contraception
• Ability to perform a variety of tasks on short notice and with tight deadlines, and work consistently under pressure
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Experience with large government and private foundation donors
• Work experience in Asia, Africa, and/or Latin America
• Ability to work in Spanish or French
• Master’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
• Previous experience in SRHR, safe abortion, and contraception
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.