Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Administrative Associate provides general administrative support for Ipas Pakistan office team, consultants, and headquarters staff visiting Pakistan. S/he provides efficient and timely action on administrative and finance matters. S/he is responsible for select accounting functions and other duties as assigned, including: the preparation of correspondence and materials, compliance of Procurement and procedures, coordination of meeting and conference logistics, including arrangements of national and international travel for Ipas staff and consultants, and assistance with preparing financial and programmatic documents and reports.
• Assists the Country Director/Program staff with the management of physical and electronic agenda review, formatting and printing for meetings and activities
• Coordinates team meetings and external meetings and provides emails, drafting and editing letters, meeting minutes, editing reports for local donors and other documents; provides support with translations of documents/emails etc.
• Maintain the physical and digital files backup on local and cloud drives of all of Ipas PK projects, both historical and current; filing and following up on collaboration agreements, grants, sub-contracts, etc. between Ipas and other entities. Manage Data Recovery and backup support to Ipas staff/Responsible to manage Cloud Software and Country Data/Country Calendar maintenance/Posting of announcements, Hyperlink creations
• Responsible for Ipas’s publications printing and designing works.
• Provides support to the Finance Unit by reviewing invoices, email correspondences, inventory records for initial request of payment and accountability to make sure they comply with Ipas’s requirements and procedures;
• Reviewing biannual updating of the approved list of providers/vendors database, following up on signing of consultant contracts and managing these contract files
• Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of the Islamabad, Pakistan office. Duties include: assisting with the purchase of office supplies and equipment by obtaining electronic quotes from professional vendors with transparent payment terms according to Ipas procurement policies and guidelines, obtaining required approvals and issuing of purchase orders; shipping; organizing resources; handling of petty cash; keeping the office in good order; implementing procurement procedures; repairs and maintenance of office furniture and fittings; and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the management of Ipas office vehicles according to SOPs. Coordinate with the transporter for monthly billing as per signed log book. Responsible to keep logbook and records of stock, executed orders, vehicle mileage track etc. To coordinate with drivers, refiling/maintenance loads/safety & security briefing/license verification
• Responsible for coordinating travel of all Pakistan Ipas office staff, visitors, consultants, and related travelers. Duties include: Review travel authorization and budget for expense for travel and documentation of all expense related correspondence for audit records. coordinating and maintaining schedules of visitors (colleagues or overseas staff). Assist finance manager to complete the documentation of staff/consultant reimbursement claims.
• Coordinate with team for resolutions of IT matters with the help of HQ team.
• Coordinate for identify/initiate office outdated and deprecated materials discard planning.
• To manage the office communication systems i.e. Polycom setup/speaker’s, Multimedia, Microphones, Wireless networks, Bulk printing, Multiple scanning, PC’ multiple display
• Liaison and negotiation with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
• Tracking the quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Assist the Pakistan Programme Team by performing tasks that support their programmatic work. Duties include: tracking unit deadlines; formatting reports and forms; coordinating logistics and participation for conferences, workshops, and trainings; database entry; serve as the Pakistan internet (Luna) site ‘power user’ and manages all internal documents; and other duties as assigned.
• At least FA 12 years of schooling
• At least 1-2 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated computer experience (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook);
• Excellent communication and writing skills;
• Strong administrative skills;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Strong organization skills;
• Basic bookkeeping skills preferred;
• Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with consultants and staff;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Experience in organizing conferences, workshops and training events desirable environment.
• Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.