Ipas is an international NGO with a mission of reducing maternal deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion and improving women’s reproductive health and rights. Founded in 1973, Ipas works in 16 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The international headquarter of Ipas is based in North Carolina, USA. Ipas has been working in Bangladesh since July 2011.
Ipas Bangladesh is seeking applications from hardworking, sincere, honest and cheerful individuals for the following position of its country program:
Program Associate – Finance & Administration.
The Program Associate - Finance & Administration assists Program, Finance & Admin team in planning, programmatic, financial management and accounting support for the country program. These include scrutinizing bills/invoices, advance management, entering transactions in financial management software, entering routine monitoring data. S/he is also responsible for assisting program team in monitoring budget, expenditure and financial reporting and budgeting in accordance with the Ipas Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Assist program team in preparing budget for the event and advance/fund requisitions
• Scrutinize bills/invoices as per Ipas SOP, ensure mathematical accuracy, coding and necessary deduction as per statutory rules
• Review advance adjustment statement, prepare voucher package for advance adjustment/payment
• Support program staff in reviewing of account code and budgeting
• Prepare petty-cash replenishment statement
• File all accounting and voucher related documents as required
Entry in Financial Management Software/Accounting:
• Make entry of transactions in financial management software, bank/advance register
• Assist in entering budget and periodical revisions financial management software
Routine Monitoring Data Entry:
• Enter routine service data into Ipas database ‘Terra’ or other appropriate data base with in specific time frame
• Maintain records of data received from facilities each month
• Prepare statement of financial information required by donor or program team
• Assist program team in budget/expenditure monitoring
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the Program/Finance & Administration team
• Assist project leads to prepare budget and periodical budget revision
• Maintain logistics records at office and at facility level
• Any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
• Master of Commerce
• At least 2 years of professional work experience preferably with NGO
• Well organized, ability to assume broad responsibilities for complex administrative functions
• Relevant technical expertise with financial accounting methods
• Demonstrated computer experience and use of accounting software
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Ability to organize people and activities
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.