Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Human Resources & Administration Manager has an overall responsibility to manage the HR, Administration and Office Management functions of the office(s) to ensure that HR & Administration policies, procedures and practices meet the organization's standards. Key responsibilities include; recommending, developing and implementing HR and/or Administration policy, ensuring compliance with organization and legal aspects related to HR/Administration, developing HR plans, recruitment, logistics, on-boarding, training, organizational effectiveness (OE) initiatives, performance management systems and separation management.
• Work closely and continuously with Ipas Global Human Resources Unit and assigned HR Business Partner to ensure human resources policies, procedures and practices meet the Ipas global HR standards and expectations; fosters Ipas’s organizational culture.
• Review & propose HR needs to meet program implementation, organizational standards and labor laws.
• Oversee the Ipas Ghana human resource planning, staff budgeting, recruitment, employee onboarding and post orientation processes.
• Recruits, manages and supervises other HR & Administration employees.
• Develops Ipas Ghana salary budgets in consultation with the Country Director.
• Oversees safety and security for Ipas Ghana employees and other visiting Ipas employees.
• Collaborates with in-country Finance Manager in reference to monitoring standard operating procedures compliances and office budget utilization.
• Works with Senior Advisors in reference to HR updates, adherence to HR and operation policies, supporting performance management and disciplinary management.
• Works with NC Global HR in references to on-boarding, staff changes, performance management programs, trainings and policies.
• Coordinates with NC Global HR (International HR Business Partner) on human resources programs, trainings, employee benefits and policies.
• Implements employee satisfaction surveys, reports back on outcomes, and works with HR Business Partner, the Country Director and the in-country Senior Management Team (SMT) on improving organizational work environment.
• In consultation with the Country Director manage compensation of Ipas Ghana employees ensuring equity, organizational standards, established organizational structures and industry best practice.
• Support the unit leads in implementing continual performance management and improvement through development of coaching and mentoring plans for their teams.
• Oversee development and management of contracting of Ipas Ghana contractors and consultants.
• Support learning and development initiatives for the Ipas Ghana staff by identifying learning needs and making necessary plans to support employee learning.
• Oversee procurement management for Ipas Ghana in line with Ipas policies and SOPs.
• Consults with Global IT Director and Global ITS Manager in reference to IT systems and country IT support requirements.
• Collaborates with management in periodically reviewing the infrastructure status, including IT equipment upgrades and ensuring the office is adhering to established processes.
• Responsible for overall Ipas Ghana office facilities management and development of the HR and Admin team.
• Works with Country Director, Senior Advisors/Managers in reference to manpower planning for program implementation, employee support, performance management and learning and development.
• Manages relationships with legal counsel with regard to National labour laws and labour relations
• Maintains relationships with Government and NGO governing councils in reference to employee matters
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related Human Resource/Adminstration field
• Masters degree in Human Resources or any other relevant field
• 8 years of experience
- 5 or more years of management experience
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience
• Ability to communicate in English
• Prior experience handling sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to travel 10%
• Registered and active member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
• Working knowledge of country labor laws
• Experience supporting HR function in an INGO
• Must posses strong writing, computer and presentation skills
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.