Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Administrative Assistant, Communications provides support to Ipas’s external communications team on a wide variety of tasks including proofreading, coordinating Ipas’s email program, scheduling social media messages, monitoring email and social media metrics, posting website content, managing the team’s intranet site, and administrative and budgeting duties. S/he works collaboratively with the Communications Director and members of the Communications team—and as needed with Ipas global and in-country staff to assist with communications-related requests.
• Provides general administrative help including meeting and travel logistics, budget maintenance and reporting, and invoice processing
• Coordinates and schedules social media content across Facebook and Twitter channels; regularly reviews social media metrics and shares with team
• Publishes and updates website content as needed using WordPress
• Enters email content in MailChimp and schedules sending of multiple monthly Ipas emails to several subscriber lists; performs regular subscriber list maintenance tasks; regularly reviews email metrics and shares with team
• Manages the Communications team’s intranet site: strategizes about design and function, facilitates knowledge-sharing within the team and across the organization, assists staff with technical questions
• Provides proofreading, research, and formatting for publications and digital content
• Coordinates logistics of Ipas booth/exhibition for conferences and events (ordering and gathering materials, packing and shipping, etc.)
• Serves as Communications’ liaison with the Finance and IT teams
• Manage business card orders for global staff
• Assists all staff with finding needed Communications resources and publications
• Fosters and contributes to a team approach within the unit and with other staff
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years of experience in an administrative support role
• Proofreading experience
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to juggle multiple, competing deadlines
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.