Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Program Financial Analyst (PFA) has excellent financial analytical and accounting skills, attention to details, with international experience and provides guidance to the Program Support Team (PST) and country teams operations are as efficient as possible with regards to financial oversight/process for Ipas country programs. Supports the financial management and the provision of financial analytics for the Africa region and countries. They will serve as a liaison between the PST, country teams, and NC Finance team on issues related to accounting, audit, staffing and compliance. The PFA contributes to monitoring of financial compliance with Ipas's and donors' operational and contractual requirements. The PFA supports the country teams with internal audits as well as works closely with Senior Regional Finance Advisors in financial monitoring and management related to NC finance responsibilities. They are responsible for on ongoing monitoring of financial management in collaboration with the NC Finance team, Program Manager and Program Coordinators.
Financial operational management
• Work with the PST management to manage the regional Annual Operating Budget (AOB)
• Assist the PST management with the preparation of the AOB process
• Present quarterly Surplus/Deficit tracking and variance analysis and forecasting to PST management and manage follow up to outstanding issues resulting from the review
• Collaborate with NC Finance on development of organizational finance policies and procedures
• Support the Country Directors to ensure they have appropriate financial policies and procedures in place
• Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building for PST and Country staff in collaboration with NC Finance
• Coordinate with NC Finance team in the implementation of finance initiatives
• Provide regional budgeting guidance to PST (i.e. minimum level of effort coverage standards)
• Support financial proposal development process
• Develop budget tools for PST and country teams
Financial analysis and reporting
• Provide financial analysis to PST senior management and country programs; this includes: quarterly analysis of regional financial status and trends, cross-cutting regional financial issues, labor analysis, revenue analysis, and special projects, leading to improve overall regional financial management
• Identify and develop financial analysis tools (including financial dash boards) for the PST & country offices to improve financial management in collaboration with NC Finance.
• Monitoring, analysis and improvement for managing of office costs
• Coordination and review of the donor billing process in close coordination with country offices and NC Finance Department ensuring all bills/reports are submitted on time and are of high quality, and are appropriately supported by necessary narrative reports in conjunction with the Program Manager
• Management of responses to queries regarding Ipas financial reports in close coordination with country office, NC Finance and PST
• Tracking of status of financial reports using deliverable tracking system
• Contributes to monitoring of compliance with Ipas's and donors' operational and contractual requirements
• Support country teams with understanding and compliance of internal operational policies
• Provide regional financial compliance guidance for PST and In-country team
• Ensure that correcting entries and/or accruals are appropriately prepared and supported prior to submission for approval; prepare entries if necessary
• Review and approve the country office Operating Advance Requests (OAR) requests and monitor country office cash on hand
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
• Minimum 5+ years of professional work experience
• Attention to detail and focus on quality and consistency
• Excellent writing skills in English; able to communicate complex financial activities and presenting to a large and diverse audience of varying financial knowledge
• Master’s degree in Finance (MBA, MS, etc.)
• French or Portuguese language skills
• Previous experience in a non-profit or university setting
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.