Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Logistics and Procurement Associate is responsible for coordinating all procurement and logistics activities, and providing logistical support for training and service improvement activities for Ipas operations in DRC. He/she is responsible for arranging and ensuring provision of required equipment and supplies, including educational materials for training events, and ensuring compliance to Ipas procurement policies is maintained at all times. This position assists with organizing Ipas supported trainings and workshops, and oversees the renovations of all Ipas infrastructure, as required.
• implementing and refining policies, procedures and guidance documents related to procurement and logistics in DRC;
• ensuring all logistics and procurement orders and activities strictly abide to Ipas logistics and procurement policies and procedures;
• providing guidance and on-the-job training to Ipas staff on logistics and procurement policies and procedures;
• drafting, continuously updating and ensuring the timely implementation, including forecasting and lead time management, of the procurement workplan, in line with Ipas program needs in DRC;
• preparing tender documents, including RFIs, RFPs and RFQs, including determining evaluation criteria weighing and developing technical questions, and overseeing the biding process, coordinating with technical and program departments;
• assessing logistical requirements to enhance quality services in all Ipas supported facilities;
• ensuring and maintaining the availability of stocks of all equipment and supplies to avoid stock out at all times, as well as overseeing the distribution of supplies in facilities, in accordance with work plans;
• overseeing the logistics of facility improvement in sites, as needed, as well as liaising with contractors, in collaboration with administrative staff;
• overseeing contracts and relationship management with all suppliers;
• working closely with the technical and program teams to maintain the highest quality across all Ipas service delivery channels through the provision of appropriate equipment and quality medical supplies;
• Working closely with government supply chain management actors to support and improve their existing system;
• conducting regular audit and assessment of the supply chain;
• performing all duties as assigned by the Country Director;
• Liaising with external vendors and suppliers; Ipas DRC technical and program teams and partner health facilities; consultants.
• Bachelors degree in business management and administration, or relevant field;
• minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role in procurement and supply chain;
• proven track record as negotiator, solid organizational skills, demonstrated ability to deliver quickly and efficiently, while maintaining high standards;
• excellent interpersonal and communication and customer service skills;
• experience in budget oversight;
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications;
• Ability to travel domestically 25% of the time
• proficiency in French and English
• Masters degree in business administration or relevant field
• Experience working in a non-profit organization, and in sourcing/procurement of pharmaceuticals, medical devices or healthcare commodities and equipment
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.