Capacity building, technical guidance and service delivery
- Build technical capacity in Francophone Africa to ensure high quality comprehensive abortion and contraceptive care provision in the region
- Assess and document needs to ensure optimal abortion care service provision in Francophone African new country programs.
- Identify multiple resources to design and implement a plan to increase sustainable MVA/MA/VCAT capacity in the region and countries.
- Provide technical and clinical inputs to country teams on the implementation of Health Systems activities
- Incorporate the Global Health system and clinical Guidance and Tools in the Ipas program
- Develop, update and support the development of training materials including curriculum, orientation package with close coordination with Clinical Affair and National health training center
- Facilitate dispersing training and updates on clinical issues through orientation and ensuring trainings are conducted as per the standard protocol
- Ensure all quality assurance procedures of GON and Ipas Francophone Africa standards are in place including the clinical compliance are followed by the trainers, clinical mentors and providers.
Program Planning, Management and Representation
- Develop, review and track work plan and budget for health system including 2nd trimester abortion service and relevant NGO partners.
- Represent and collaborates with NC health systems and clinical Affair about global and national priorities
- Responds to requests on issues related to Ipas’s safe abortion program and contraception, whenever raised by Ipas colleagues, donors, partners, regional health bureaus and the Ministry of Health. Assist and contribute in preparing donor proposals and reports
- Work with Country Leads and National and Regional Program Managers to discuss, design and roll out appropriate policy strategy and activity for safe abortion and contraception.
- Provide support to global, regional and National level to implement innovative strategies
- Engage with high level GON health professionals and support in regionally and nationally defined health priorities in Francophone Africa.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision guidance and Input
- Innitialiy supervise and later support Health System Advisors, Health System Associates and any long term consultants working under health system to ensure that the pertaining training, post training follow up, service delivery and quality assurance are met which are relevant to safe abortion service and contraception.
- Conducts supportive supervision to facilities (and providers) providing safe abortion services and contraceptive, provide onsite technical support, discuss with service providers and health managers on success and gaps identified, give onsite feedback for follow up and submit report on findings, solutions and the way forward
- Ensure all country office unit leads to follow the health system SOPs and clinical compliance including the health system team
- Overall management (using mentoring and facilitation) of the Ipas Francophone Africa Health System team members and consultants and provide them with adequate support and guidance including development of annual objective, monitoring of progress and review of performance periodically.
- Provide support to identify, document and report to clinical affairs on SAE
- Work with R&E unit to ensure that data on training activities, supports provided to facilities and providers, and women served are collected, analyzed and findings are shared
- Document and disseminate relevant innovative health system
- Performs other duties as assigned